Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICROS 3700: VSS Interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kniteschaed

Programmer
Dec 8, 2015
US
Goal
Recently our surveillance company has been asking for video surveilance integration with our MICROS 3700 system.

Research
I've seen mention to VSS interfaces
Tek-Tips: 1361824
Tek-Tips: 1700947
SIM Companion Guide: Link
OpenEye: Link

The Brain Dump
I realize that it will be up to my surveillance company to get things squared away on their end...
But for the MICROS side of things - Does anyone have a step-by-step process to setup a VSS interface on 3700?

The following is what I've been able to sift through on my own...
Bit of a brain dump here - so bear with me:

Interface
It would appear to me that I would need to go to Devices > Interfaces and add a new Interface as follows:
General:
Outgoing Message Name: VSS
Timeout: ?
Network Node: MICROS01 (My Primary Micros Server)
Number ID Digits: 2 or 9?
Backup Interface: None
Interface Type: TCP
Log Transactions: Yes (checked)
SIM Interface: ?

Interface:
TCP Server Name: IP Address of surveillance server
TCP Power Number: 5007 (seems to be the goto port number)

Journal Printer
On 1361824 there was mention about setting up another journal printer?
Would this be POS Configurator> Devices Tab> Devices
Name: VSS
Device Type: Disk File
Network Node: MICROS01

Print Class
I presume then that I would add the VSS Journal Printer to each print class that I/we/they wanted tracked?
But...it seems to me there is something missing...how does the VSS Journal Printer know to use the VSS Interface...

SIM Interface
Looking in the SIM Companion Guide it makes me lean towards a SIM interface.
Even though I'm not seeing anything directly referencing VSS - it does mention ways of displaying information...

It appears to need some scripting and some way of triggering the script via button press...
I presume the button press would be a menu item so that it would send the information each time a menu item is added...

Help!
Something I stumbled across is OpenEye (which is not what we are using) which references an installer program called "DVR_Micros_3700v2"...
As you can see I'm running down the rabbit hole a bit - Any help would be greatly appreciated!

You have not mentioned what type of interface you are trying to achieve?

1. Sending of check information to the survelance company to display on the video?
2. Displaying of the video on the workstation?

Do you want some custom SIM scripts developed. Contact me via my website

Hi!
I think, it should be SIM interface, so you have to tick "sim interface" under Interfaces.
One more thing, that you didn't mention - do you have configurator (vss3700_config.exe)? Some config is done in this app (workstation settings)

CathalMF said:
You have not mentioned what type of interface you are trying to achieve?

1. Sending of check information to the surveillance company to display on the video?
2. Displaying of the video on the workstation?

Our surveillance company would like to have the check information displayed as an overlay.
Just text as things are added/removed from a check. If something gets voided.
That way anything that comes across will be recorded and saved.
They are hoping this functionality will help with video review.

Funkstar said:
Hi!
I think, it should be SIM interface, so you have to tick "sim interface" under Interfaces.
One more thing, that you didn't mention - do you have configurator (vss3700_config.exe)? Some config is done in this app (workstation settings)

I performed a search for "vss" in C:\ and D:\ and did not find any executable with the name you provided.
Found a few that were interesting: vssadmin.exe, some vss dll files...but nothing listed as a vss configurator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back