Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 - tax report

Status
Not open for further replies.

AM_WG

Programmer
Jan 15, 2019
US
We are looking for a report that shows the menu items sold and the taxes collected. Has anyone created something like this? Or is there a report that I am missing?

@mvelazquez

A little basic feedback... as I am far from an SQL Wiz ;-)

I have just tried your select statement on our local database, however the SubTotal and Total results returned are identical, so SubTotal is showing the Gross Sales before Discount figure, and Total is showing the same.
Also the RVC is incorrect, in the example extracted below, sales should show within RVC#5 which is one of our Bars, not #6 which is our Function Suite.

For example:

Obj_Num,Name,RVC_ID,RVC,Quantity,SubTotal,TAX,Total
112036,'Chicken Sandwich',6,'Function Suite',104,322.40,54.04,322.40

Thanks to all that are investigating this, as it would be hndy for many sites to have up their sleeve should tax investigation be required.

@mvelazquez

My results are below. The first one shows a sample of the query. I specifically checked the Straw Fields and Vanilla Victory items. The second file shows the Consolidated RVC Menu Item Sales Detail Report for the same dates of Jan 10-15th with those items. If you check the net sales from the report vs. the total in the query, they are $42 vs. $70. I am going to narrow down the sale to try to verify the correct amount.

Tax_Report_SQL_results_rnzagv.jpg

Cons_Meni_Item_Report_q1ucti.jpg

@mvelazquez

Thanks for the query! It gets me closer than I've been.

I narrowed the query to just the 10th and to just the item Strawberry Fields because on that day there were two Strawberry Fields items rung up. Attached are the two check, the query results and what the current report generates of course it doesn't have the taxes. It looks like the total includes the subtotal, plus 1. 14x2=28+14=42. I'll take a look at the query to see what it's doing. Also, with these items it didn't add the taxes in the tax field or the total.

Two_Straw_Fields_Checks_g466wl.jpg

Two_Straw_Fields_Checks_SQL_Results_ecml16.jpg

Two_Straw_Fields_Checks_Report_mzz1td.jpg

@mvelazquez
@Wildbar

Hey,
Have you had a chance to look at my latest posts? Any progress?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back