Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 system, on drugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tec82000

Technical User
Jan 12, 2009
US
I have a micros 3700 system. Ex-employees keep showing back up with 12000. hours. I have clocked them back in and then imediately out, then when manager services crap out, as they usually do everytime i use that part, I have to reboot the server to get it to work again. Please help.

What version of 3700 are you using?

Res 3000
Version 3.2 SP 1 3.2 PS1 Hotfix1
Build 3.2.27.598
3700 System

I forgot to ask before, where are the old employees showing up? In a labor report? If this is a customized report it may be pulling an incorrect date range.

SP 1 is ancient. I'd start off by getting a more recent service pack on the system first. I think Res 3.2 is up to sp7, so this may be something that was fixed along the way.

If you still have problems take a look at the Micros Applications in your IIS setup. If you go the ASP.Net tab in the properties for each you can see what version of .Net is being used. If it's 2.0 then .Net 2.0 framework has been loaded which can bang things up on a 3700 system, especially manager procedures which is a web app. You should probably get Micros support involved if you get this far. Even if it isn't "supported", most of the time there will be a workaround.

The first thing I'd do is open POS Configurator, go to the Employees tab, and then the Employee Status tab. Put in a date in the "terminated" area to tell the system the employees are no longer active.

I don't understand what you mean by 12000 hours but by making them inactive, that should solve your problem.

Updating the service pack never hurts but if it's a configuration problem, no update will solve your problem. Concerning your computer freezing, often customers don't delete old reports and files. Delete what you no longer need, run a de-fragmentation of your hard drive a few times.

Hope that helps!

The main reason I suggested the sp is that Res 3.2 was the first version to use the new web based Manager Procedures and it had a lot of problems in the early days. If it's crapping out on a regular basis it won't be a configuration problem. Honestly I can't think of any employee configuration mistakes that would cause long gone employees to start showing up again.

I'm assuming the 12000 hours is coming up in a labor report, so marking them as inactive won't take care of this if the report sees current hours for them. It could be a problem with the report template that's misreading the date parameters or it could be an autosequence that isn't set up right. It could also be a report run on current shift employees. If the shifts aren't incrementing on clock-in or with the EON the current shift for these old timers may still be the last shift they worked. Without more details its tough to get a handle on this, but if upgrading to a more recent service pack doesn't do it, I'd say it's time to get some support from Micros.

Pmegan is a 100 precent right on upgrading. The version is very old and has a lot of bugs and etc in it. As well as not being PCI. The 3.2 version is up to sp 7. The more current that I seen them using now is 4.1 hf3. I also hear 4.4 is about to be released.

thank you all for your suggestions. i am in the process of trying these. if you think of anything else, let me know. again, i really apprieciate your knowledge and offerings.

Ernie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back