Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 SQL Query Assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

bufftrek

Technical User
May 13, 2014
US
Over a year ago I requested some help with a custom SQL query for Micros 3700 and it has proven quite beneficial (thank you pmegan!).
The thread in reference is as follows: thread693-1764179

I am using it with a new client and all of a sudden I am getting a plethora of negative sales items. I am in a unique situation in that I cannot speak to staff to determine what exactly is happening. I'm interested if anybody know the mechanics behind how a "Repeat Round" function would occur in the pos. I'm getting the following type of output:

Selection_001_mqcud7.png

Does anybody have any thoughts on this? I have seen negative sales occur when an item is voided off but that would be a one-in one-out scenario. This appears that an item is rang in, the parent item is sold for a negative amount, and then it is rerang with the modifiers doubled if they existed. Lost on this one and looking forward to some clarity! Thank you all!

They can use the Void key to ring a negative item without having a positive rung first. This will give a negative sales without a corresponding positive. This should be prevented in employee class privileges.

David Jenulis

I will definitely check into that but from the transactions I'm not seeing any individual sales that would suggest that kind of malicious activity.

Are there any other potential avenues I should be investigating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back