Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 sim ideas ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

azrobert

Programmer
Apr 27, 2002
US
I am drawing a blank here.....
I am looking to run a sim event from an autosequence
Seems like it should be possible but I am drawing a blank.

I am looking to use a sim to retreive reservations from my
web database and print them to a workstation.

Thanks in advance!
Robert

Sounds tough. Would it be easier to create a report autosequence and print that to the WS roll printer? Create a custom table to store the web results, populate that table from building a custom exe or service.

That has possibilities.......
Could I get the report to run say every 10 - 15 min without
causing too many problems for the system ? I have no problem getting the data thru sim (I'm doing that for my gift card processing already) but it might be better to have a small exe that just queries the web database and stores the info in a sybase table......... what I am looking to do is have a page on our website that customers can enter a reservation or "call ahead" and have them print to the cashier roll printer say every 10 - 15 min

I interested in implementing this as well so I'm hoping you'd be willing to share how you do this.

If I get it working
it's just a thought now....
I have several projects ahead of this
one but it could really be usefull

Well actually any of your work seems like it would be helpful for me. I'm trying to learn the inners of Micros and slowly making progress. My brother has had a restaurant for 30 years and his Micros system is 10+ years old. He gets almost no support from the local Micros partner and when he does it costs a fortune and they complain that he hasn't upgraded. Not wanting him to loose his business I've been trying to help out and one area he's sorely lacking is gathering data and using it effectively which of course Micros is a big part of.

Printing to the WS printer from outside of OPS could be tough. You could call it with an autosequence from an idle_no_trans event on the cashier WS, but they would have to be signed out between transactions, and during lunch/dinner it may never be idle long enough.

Yea...... I'm thinking I am going to keep this out of Micros and maybe use a wireless print server with a receipt printer and run the program on a back office computer....... I can still locate the printer up front and keep the whole mess out of Micros.

Hey Robert, what version are you running? If it is one with TMS you can write to the TMS stored procedures. If so, you could insert the web reservations straight into TMS reservation or Waitlist. You could review the waitlist without the need to print.
The TMS insert is done with SIM.

hmmmmmmmm
that is worth looking at, we have never used TMS at any of our locations but have been tempted to try it.

There is a screen template for Table map + waitlist (which is perfect for your 15 minute window) but if you take it back one step further to reservations, the reservations move to the waitlist when they are 15 mins out from the booking time. The TMS functions are in an encrypted SIM if you need to get the idea on updating/ posting.
Goto %resrootdir%\pos\scripts\TMSInterface.isl for the lowdown.

Hey Rob,
Had a look in that TMS isl and its all about updating table status via port 5010 (txmsg, rxmsg and all that).
It looks like the best way would be via stored procedure:

sptms_add_reservation_request

Looks like you are mixing up the Guest Coonection TMS and the integrated TMS that was added to Res with v4.1

The sptms... Are the integrated TMS procedures.

The sim and tmsinterface.dll are for the Guest Connection TMS product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back