Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 Service Charges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cristi N

Vendor
Jul 27, 2021
US
Trying to figure out how to make it so an automatic service charge that is applied to all room service orders ($2.50) goes to the house instead of the employees tips. Right now the auto service charge that is applied to each room service order routes to the staff's tips, and I want it to instead be a charge that goes to the house. How do I change this?

Under Service Charge Tab, Everything should be blank, and unchecked except for "Do not post to emp tip totals", and type should be "standard".

We use a macro for our "room services" that adds the service charge to the check.

20210728_121619_2_gih7l1.jpg

this is what it looks like now

20210728_190021_2_ikeyjw.jpg

here you can see it populates under the "total tips" column. I want to change it so this $2.50 charge no longer is a tip to the staff, it should go to the house.

Yes, you are correct. Our site does not populate the fee as a service charge with the "post to svc charge total".

How ever, the tracking totals populate this fee separately on our reports. So the tips paid is accurate, and quick books import balances when reports are printed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back