Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 - Send and Receive packets

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvelazquez

Technical User
Mar 14, 2015
MX
Anyone know or use any program for sending and receiving packets and then they can be run on the server sent?

The natural way to micros, or at least the one I know is:

Generate the package to the subscribed stores.
Send one by one the new server package subscribed by any means of file transfer (USB, Dropbox, sending files via network or whatever).
Then from the server end, apply the function receive.exe to load the package.

In our case, we handle over 40 stores and growing, which becomes very slow natural process said. To do this, run a program, a batch script using pstools parcel, the psexec command from the remote server to the store look for in a shared folder on my MS server, pull it to your hard drive and run the receive command and thus automatically for each Store.

It is very practical but difficult to maintain (Especially now that we migrate the EM server to another server with another IP). Now I have to go to all remote store and modify the shared drive pointing to the old MS server and update other things.

Any other method or program to facilitate this process, in any case, an application developed by a third party to perform this function?

I don't know of one, other than what you have going on. Maybe someone else does?

I use a program called SyncBack Pro ($50) with hourly file moves, and an hourly autosequence with the receive command in it to manage our 20-ish sites.

The dayend autosequence then creates a package, which SyncBack Pro picks up and delivers to the EM server inbound folder.

The package deployment and receive functions on the EM Server are still manual, but all other steps are automated.

Thanks hosehead78

DJensen999, in fact, I thought to do that because if I use SyncBack currently in free version. I guess I'll try.

regards

We use an old Sybase product called Remoteware but is great but now end-of-life. I think we might be looking at Tanium as a replacement.

We use dropbox install as a service, paired with a service we wrote. When a new MPZ file appears in the clients receive directory, it automatically runs the auto sequence which creates a DB backup, and then processes the receive. So far we haven't had a lot of issues, but if I were running more than 26 stores this way I would probably switch to something like OwnCloud so that it was self-hosted, and didn't get those pesky auto updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back