Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 Select All Items on a Check SIM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 17, 2010
US
Hi, I am working in a Micros RES 5.1 environment and I ma looking for some direction on a SIM to be triggered by a button press that will select all items on a check.

Are there any system level functions to accomplish this?

If I loop through each item on the check, is there a select function to call?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure if you can have it select all items, but you can have it do it one by one.

I was kind of thinking looping through the ticket would be part of it, do you happen to know what the syntax is to select/highlight an item?

You can't highlight an item through ISl. What exactly are you trying to do? You can sometimes target specific items.

Thanks for the responses. So the issue i am trying to address is related to a discount. We have an employee 50% coupon button on our payment screen. When this coupon is selected, Micros presents us with a system screen in which the end user must select each item to be discounted. The end user must then select each item individually before pressing the OK button to complete the discount. It is kind of tedious if there are a lot of items on a check.

We are using conversational ordering and RES 5.1

I was hoping to do something via SIM but that doesnt appear to be an option per Moregelen.

Have you tried a subtotal discount instead of an item discount?

I just tried it as a subtotal and no difference in behavior. When the discount button is selected, we are presented with a Micros touch screen that overlays the menu. It contains a list of the items on the check. You must touch each of the items. Unfortunately there is no select all on that form, just OK and Cancel. It is a new process that came about when we introduced conversational ordering.

The site I am, we use 2 types of discounts, 1 type of discount discount the whole check or items on the check when the discount is applied, the other is last item on the check is discounted (mind you these are only done at our Retail Outlet). This helps with 50% discounts and our employee discounts. So if each item needs to have the employee discount, they will have 2 options for the employee discount, per single item or full check. There are a few other procedures in place when used, but I will not go into it.

I've done a few scripts (Micros 9700) that looks for items that are Alcoholic or Tabacco (based on either Class or Family/Major groups). If you want when I have down time, I can see if I can apply this function towards a list type function, maybe?

You can try something like this to go through the list and check each item then apply a discount based on the selection made.

Here's the where I posted to this.

Keep in mind this is a sim script used on a 9700 system.
Code:
event inq : 18   // Test Event; You can use this in a Sub Function if you want, just call it from the Event that is use.
  // VARIABLES
  var ii : n3                     //
  var aTenderMedia[10]  : A32     // Array for Storing Tender/Media Information currently on the check; [10] = Array Size, A32 = 32 Characters in length (Alphanumeric)
  var count : N4                  // Counter for Array
  var arrString : A32             // Array String
  var Item_Selected : n16         // Used with ListInput

// ## END VARIABLES

count = 1

for ii = 1 to @NUMDTLT
    if @DTL_TYPE[ii] = "T"     // T = Tender/Media; D = Discount; M= Menu Item
      // Format arrString, so the information can be added to the Array properly.
      format arrString as "[", @DTL_OBJNUM[ii],"] ",trim(@DTL_NAME[ii]), " - Total: ", @DTL_TTL[ii]

// Add item to the Array
      aTenderMedia[count] = arrString
      count = count + 1   // Increase count for next Array entry

endif

endfor

// Display Tender/Media Results, Via Window/Display Function
  window 14,50, "Tender/Media Results"
  windowclear
    displayinverse 1, @CENTER, "--------------------------------------------------"{=(@WCOLS)}
    displayinverse 2, @CENTER,"Tender/Media Found on Check"{=(@WCOLS)}
    displayinverse 3, @CENTER, "__________________________________________________"{=(@WCOLS)}
    ListInput 4, 2, arraysize(aTenderMedia), aTenderMedia, Item_Selected, "Make your Selection..."
    //ListDisplay 4, 2, arraysize(aTenderMedia), aTenderMedia        // If you use this make sure the waitforclear is uncommented out, otherwise you won't see the window
    displayinverse 14,@CENTER,"=================================================="{=(@WCOLS)}

//waitforclear      // Wait for the Clear button to be pressed; Use this only when ListDisplay is used.

infomessage "Selected: ", aTenderMedia[Item_Selected]       // Displays what was selected

endevent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back