Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 Seat Number and Consolidating

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuentinC

Technical User
May 11, 2021
IE
Hi all,

Little trouble with Micros 3700 and seat numbers.
We have just started using the seat numbers for the restaurant. No trouble setting it up.
BUT: on the kitchen docket the menu items are not consolidating if of two of the same items, one has a condiment and the other not.

Items with condiments would consolidate, items without would too, but not the ones with condiments and the ones without.

But it is working on my local order docket. Is that possible, I am running out of ideas.

consolidate_xxuvxg.jpg

Try changing the following under order devices

(your kitchen printer) > Options -> sorting formatting
order other options there is a drop down for consolidation see attachment

I would change it to consolidate like items and see if that works for you.

Hi guys, thank you for the suggestions, and yes you perfectly understood my issue.
But no it is not working, it is setup as 'consolidate all items' and when I change it to 'consolidate like items' it changes nothing on kitchen checks but it unconsolidated items on the local check.

What is strange is that the 'Local Order Configuration' for the local check is setup as 'Kitchen printer' so they should show the same thing logically.
Could it be how the condiments are setup? how can something only affect the local order and/or kitchen order if the local order is setup to show the same as the kitchen?

For the Kitchen you need to activate some options for the sorting and printing of the seat.

POS Configurator / Devices / Order Device / Options / Seats

- Sort by Seat
It will show a full line break with the SEAT 1 / SEAT 2 between the items.

seat_qide7s.jpg

Yes I see what you mean, but no exactly what I want.

Basically order appear like this on Local order which is exactly how I want them on the Kitchen printer, and it is exactly how they use to appear before I brought the Seat number system:

2x Salad_____________S1
_____________________S2
2x Crab
___1x No Mayo______S3
___1x Lactose Free_S4
******Mains********
2x Cod
___1x chips__________S1
___1x Salad__________S2
2x Chicken__________S3
____________________S4

--------------------------------------------
This is how it appears in the Kitchen:

2x Salad____________S1
____________________S2
1x Crab
___1x No Mayo_______S3
1x Crab
___1x Lactose Free__S4
******Mains********
1x Cod
___1x chips_________S1
1x Cod
___1x Salad_________S2
2x Chicken__________S3
____________________S4

this is configurable by the "consolidation settings" on order devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back