Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 RES Ver 5.7.4-Some terminals not coming up after upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

AM_WG

Programmer
Jan 15, 2019
US
After we upgrade to this version, we have some terminals that hang on the loader screen. A reboot fixes them, but we'd like to resolve this issue. Has anyone heard of this? And know how to fix it?

I think the latest patch is 5.7.6.1 There's a couple in between you and the latest as well. Not sure if they will fix your issue. Have not looked at the notes.

@Wildbar - Thanks. I'll check to see if there is anything about this issue in Micros docs. U were going to take a look at a report that shows taxes for me. Did you get a chance to do that?

We changed the reboot process to reboot the terminals after the server came back up and the problem went away.

Would anybody happen to have 5.7 MR6 patch that they would not mind sharing?

Im on 5.7.5, and one or two out of 19 workstations will ocassionaly get stuck on ops loading as well after a server reboot. Did you just set up a startup script to reboot the workstations on startup of the server?

I setup a scheduled task to reboot the terminals when it came back up and at a specific time about 5 minutes before they opened. No more issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back