Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 Res 5.4 MR 2 - Orders sent via Transaction Services Fail to print to kitchen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dlentz

IS-IT--Management
Feb 19, 2014
US
Looking for a little help..
Micros 3700 5.4 MR 2 using Transaction Services.
Orders sent via a handheld device will print to the journal and terminal, but do not print to kitchen printers.
3700d.log shows correct order printing to journal 500, but no mention of other printers being fired in log. Only affecting orders sent via transaction services.

Verified API user workstation printers are enabled/selected for kitchen printers, POS WEB API user class setup, menu item print class, service tender set to "fire order".
Checks show in terminals correctly, But no output is ever generated for printers to the kitchen.

I have heard rumor of an issue with Transaction Services being corrected in MR 3 , Specifically :

Transaction Services 35942 81913 The RES API now correctly applies order type masking when sending an order to the KDS or to printers.
Source:
pg 15

Anyone else seeing this particular issue with Transaction Services or have any information on the above fix in MR 3?

Thanks!

Yes, I am seeing this issue with each version of Micros 5.4 MR1, MR2 and MR3. Specifically in MR3 orders will print to only one kitchen printer but not all of them. All the printers are enabled in the API workstation and the order type. Not sure what they did in version 5.4

No bueno.
We are rapidly getting against the wall with this Client for resolution, and having little success, hoping the MR 3 update gives us some relief, along with a reinstall of TS.

Bumping to see if this has gotten any traction. after MR 3 update, still unable to fire orders to kitchen from TS, but they are getting to the terminals with no issue.
I can open and send orders under the correct table and get it to go with out problem. it will show the table and check on the workstation screen with no problem and has the correct items. if I fire it from the terminal it fires just fine to the kitchen. But all orders seem to make it to the system then fail to print under any user or print class. Rapidly running out of ideas, and local micros support is little help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back