Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 RES 4.x Unable To Close Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bennett000

Technical User
Sep 27, 2010
CA
Hi, two nights ago a cheque was closed, the bill was paid, everything seemed fine. When the server went to sign out for the day, there was still an open cheque. What happened was that somehow they closed the table they were working on out to a different cheque number. Now we have an open cheque for $0.00 that we can't close. When we attempt to open the cheque, either through, open closed cheque, or by selecting from a list of open cheques, we get the error: "Check Detail Read Failed".

My thoughts are that we can't open the cheque, because it has no details, as its details were closed out to a different cheque. As a temporary solution, I renamed the table so that it wouldn't show as being occupied on our floor plan screen. However I'd like to get rid of the open cheque so it's not showing up anymore.

We're running Micros 3700 RES 4.7?, maybe 4.8.

Side note, thanks everyone who posts in these forums. I've been able to solve many, many Micros problems by reading through your posts. Notably pmegan, who has through their post history really helped me with a printer wiring issue. (still no idea why people are using serial printers in 2011)

You need to do this on the server:

1) Sign in to DBISQL (start\run\dbisql
2) u=custom p=custom
3) type select * from micros.chk_dtl (this will give you the chk sequence number)
4) type sp_forcechkclosed xxxx (where xxx is the chk sequence number)

Or in DBISQL enter again xxxx is the chk_seq num

update micros.chk_dtl
set chk_open = 'F',
chk_clsd_date_time = current timestamp
where chk_seq = xxxx
and chk_open = 'T';

thanks!! I'll try that out once I can get access to the Micros server again (meeting going on in that room presently)

I've never used DBISQL either which is exciting, since I'd rather deal with SQL than the micros interface.

Side Question:
I know the chk_dtl table tells me what bills I have and for when, but do you know what table I'd find the menu items for that particular cheque? Is that data on another table, or is it embedded into a BLOB on the chk_dtl table?

I'd like to be able to query the system to get mi_seq for each cheque so I can see what sells at what times. The table 'dly_sys_mi_ttl' tels me what quantity menu items were sold in a given day. I'd like to know what sold when, and ideally to what seat number.

Thanks for your help!

Alright, the meeting isn't letting up anytime soon so I logged in remotely and gave it a go. The prepared statement didn't work, so I tried the SQL, I don't have write permission, rather I don't have UPDATE permission. I'll need to look at the computer later to figure out why.

The account I used to access the DB, I had previously created through the Micros Database utility. I'm thinking I could enable write permission there, but I'm not sure.

None of the above narrow the query to the check you are having an issue with

in dbisql run

SELECT * from micros.chk_dtl where chk_open='T' and chk_num=xxxx

Replace xxxx with the chk number in question

It should return a row of data in which you need to note the chk_seq

Clear the command window and type call micros.so_forcechkclose(yyyy)

Replace yyyy with the chk_seq in th previous results

yes, of course. Too early in the morning for me :)

I think you misunderstood me MikeRose, I had the chk_seq almost immediately, when I said prepared statement, I was really referring to the function: 'sp_forcechkclosed'. The query didn't work because I wasn't permitted to execute an UPDATE command, the SQL was valid.

I'll have access to the server in the morning, and I'll see if I can upgrade my permissions, if you have an answer for that, that would be amazing. The DB account I'm using I made with the Micros DB utility. I can't remember if it had an option for write permission, I usually default my access to read/insert-only, as a cautionary measure, I'm really hoping it's just that.

Can you log in as DBA? You will be able to close as DBA

There is a DBA account setup in the Micros Database manager, however I don't have the password for it, I'm going to ask the owners, and people who set it up. The problem isn't crippling, so it's not that big a deal.

If nobody knows the DBA password do you suppose Micros would give it to me? Mind you we're off tech support so it's a $250 phone call.

Is there possibly a default password?

Can you login as custom/custom?

That should be all the permission you need

Logged in u=custom p=custom
Make sure you type as below in DBISQL

call micros.sp_forcechkclose (insert check seq here)

Thanks guys, custom/custom worked.

The UPDATE statement would not execute, which makes sense since, I doubt the Micros designers want people updating their DB from an external source.

The procedure micros.sp_forcechkclose(#####) worked well. The problem was that the first few times I tried it, I didn't use the keyword 'CALL' which MikeRose pointed out in his first post, and Zogg in his last.

The cheque is gone, now back to looking for transaction details

yeah, it totally was, DBISQL is great, it lets me export query results to a variety of file formats. Just being able to access data via SQL makes me happy because it makes things so much easier

If you really want to export files into pretty much ANY FORMAT in 3700, look into Report Explorer. You would be amazed, Excel, CSV, a few HTML formats, PDF, have a play with it (you cant hurt it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back