Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 RES 4.x Autosequence/Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bennett000

Technical User
Sep 27, 2010
CA
The solution to this problem is likely related to my other question about RVC/printers, but here goes:

The establishment has two RVC's. The system was originally setup with one RVC, but another has been added. There are two workstations on the original, and one UWS on the new RVC.

The RVC appears to be a duplicate of the first RVC, in almost everything except name. The system appears to work well (aside from my previous printer issue). However when it comes to the end of the day, and the employees sign out/close their till, the end of shift auto sequence does not perform as expected. This sequence is meant to display how much the employee sold for the day, and what type of tender it was.

The autosequence has three steps:
1. close any open bills the employee has
2. run the report *EMPLOYEE
3. clock out the employee

The problem seems to be in these *EMPLOYEE reports. In the original RVC, the totals appear to be accurate. However in the second RVC, the totals are far from accurate.

To be honest, I've never really understood the micros report system, and I'm not sure how to begin debugging this problem. Any help would be appreciated.

What numbers aren't accurate in the new RVC? Are there any operations that might be causing weirdness?

Also, how is the autosequence closing the open checks? There's a stored procedure to close all training checks, but none that will close live checks that I know of.

The *EMPLOYEE, *SYSTEM, etc... reports are holdovers from the old Micros systems. They run strictly from the tracking setup so you don't have to pay for Crystal Reports development or buy/learn it yourself. Your tracking will have lines that start with plus, minus or equal signs, and some with no sign. These reports basically run through the tracking group adding and subtracting totals until a tracking line with an equal sign is hit. The running total will be displayed for that tracking group, reset to 0 and start accumulating again. Your employee tracking probably starts with something like this:

Cash
-tips paid
-payouts
=Cash Due

This just allows the canned report to start at 0, add cash sales, subtract tips paid, subtract payouts and display the results in the Cash Due line.

Alright, here's a bunch more information about the setup.

The problem is that the Total Revenue at the top does not match the Cash Due at the bottom. The Original RVC had and still has credit/debit/cash which report their totals as expected. The new RVC is cash only at the moment. I don't think there are any new operations that would cause weirdness. I've clearly made mistakes somewhere though!

Here's a list of the steps/sequences to generate the 'read'/cash out, at the end of a shift:

Steps:
1 Stored Procedure
2 Report
3 Stored Procedure

1 -> Stored Proc "105 Employee Open Checks"
2 -> Report "302 UWS Employee Balance"
3 -> Stored Proc "112 Clock Out An Employee"

Here's a copy of the 'read' or cash out slip. (the width is compressed, sorry)

Restaurant Header
Printed On 05/21/2011 - 11:08PM
------------------------------------
Shift 782 Shift 05/21 - 07:15am
To 05/21 - 11:08pm

4005 - Employee Name

Net Sales 98.94
+Service Charges 0.00
+Tax Collected 6.95
=Total Revenue 105.89

Item Discount 0.00
+Subtotal Discount 0.00
=Total Discounts 0.00

Returns 0 0.00
Voids 0 0.00
Mgr Voids 0 0.00
Error Correct 13 61.25
Cancel 0 0.00
Credit Total 0 0.00
Change In Grand Total 105.89
Rounding Total 0.00
Training Total 0.00

Carry Over 0 0.00
+Checks Begun 18 105.89
-Checks Paid 18 105.89
+Xfer In 0 0.00
-Xfer Out 0 0.00
=Outstanding 0 0.00

Gross Receipts 98.94
Charged Receipts 0.00

Service Charges 0.00
+Charged Tips 0.00
+Tips Declared 0.00
=Total Tips 0.00% 0.00
Tips Paid 0.00
Tips Due 0.00
No Sale 0
----------------------------------
3 - New RVC Net Sales 98.94
Guests, Avg 0 0.00
Checks, Avg 18 5.50
Tables, Avg 0 0.00
Turn Time 0

Total Net Sales 98.94
Geusts, Avg 0 0.00
Checks, Avg 18 5.50
Tables, Avg 0 0.00
----------------------------------
113 - Trk Aug6 /w Off Debt

Food 0 0.00
Liquor 0 0.00
Beer 0 0.00
Wine 0 0.00
Non-Alc 0 0.00
Retail 0 0.00
Tips 0 0.00
GST Tax 0 2.69
PST Tax 0 0.00
Liquor Tax 0 0.00
GC Sold 0 0.00
GC Add Value 0 0.00
25% Disc 0 0.00
10% Food Disc 0 0.00
10% Disc 0 0.00
50% Disc 0 0.00
40% Staff Dis 0 0.00
Item Comp 0 0.00
= TOTAL SALES 0 2.69

Cash 11 66.64
Visa 0 0.00
Master 0 0.00
Amex 0 0.00
Debit 0 0.00
Gift Cert Red 0 0.00
US Cash 0 0.00
House Account 0 0.00
Coupon 0 0.00
Offline Debit 0 0.00
= TOTAL PAY 11 66.64

============= 0 0.00

CASH 11 66.64
-TIPS PAID 0 0.00
= CASH DUE 11 66.64

Hopefully this translates into 'forum' well. Thanks pmegan!

(Sorry the tabbing didn't work out!)

Just to throw a quick thought in.....
I do not see paid outs listed in the report....
is there a chance that a paid out was entered?

It looks like you may have a tender that either isn't in tracking or something with an incorrect link. The employee report and rvc summary show 18 checks closed out, but there are only 11 in the rvc tracking.

I read in another thread that you're pretty comfortable with SQL. Try running this query, it should give you a count and total for each tender by rvc. I ran on my test server but I didn't have time to check it against any reports.

Code:
select 
    r.obj_num 
    , r."name"
    , td."name"
    , sum(dtl.rpt_cnt) [Count]
    , sum(dtl.rpt_ttl) [Total]

from 
    micros.rvc_def r join
    micros.trans_dtl tr on
        r.rvc_seq = tr.rvc_seq join
    micros.dtl on
        dtl.trans_seq = tr.trans_seq join
    micros.tmed_dtl tm on
        tm.trans_seq = dtl.trans_seq and
        tm.dtl_seq = dtl.dtl_seq join
    micros.tmed_def td on
        td.tmed_seq = tm.tmed_seq
where
    tr.business_date = '2011-05-21'
group by 
    r.obj_num 
    , r."name"
    , td."name"
order by 
    r.obj_num 
    , td."name"

Nice query! I just got my results. I'll be comparing them against reports once I can get back in the office. The total for the new RVC from the query I just ran was $834.52.

I also looked at the tender options. They look okay, but I think you're probably onto something with the 'incorrect link' statement. The Tender touch screen has several cash buttons (for tender presets). I wouldn't be surprised if half of them are linked to the wrong RVC.

Thanks for the suggestions so far, I actually feel like I'm making progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back