Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 RES 4.6 CAL 'Installer'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bennett000

Technical User
Sep 27, 2010
CA
I'm working on a micros installation with four machines. Three workstations, and a server. Two of the workstations are proper WS4 machines. One of the workstations runs off of a PC. Back in June the disk drive in the PC went down, and I replaced the drive. Now the entire machine is just about to die, if the USB ports are jiggled the computer restarts. Time to replace the whole unit.

Unfortunately due to my own incompetence I can't for the life of me remember what application on the server I ran to 'install' CAL back onto the PC Workstation when I replaced the drive the first time. I really should have written down exactly how I restored that machine.

Also can CAL/RES 4.6 run on Windows 7?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Hi.

The installer you run is called McrsCalClient and it doesnt run on Win7. Dont even try. OS must be Windows XP. Installer runs on Win2k but the contents of the apps dowloaded will be null.

Thanks DrZogg, you're a wealth of information as always. The new PC is a quad core job, stacked with RAM, so I'm going to virtualize XP, I saw a thread on here about that very subject, and I think you may have answered a bunch of questions there too :)

I finally got a working Windows XP machine (no thanks to procrastination) and I've got it ready to go.

I have been unable to find McrsCalClient on the server, or on the decommissioned workstation. There are other CAL related applications. These applications work on the existing machines, but not on the new machine. The new machine has all of the DLL's.

In addition to the CAL executables there are a number of batch files on the server. On the client there are a few batch files as well. The batch files seem geared towards prepping the windows registry for Micros.

I'm extremely disappointing in myself for not writing down the process I used to recover the last time. I just remember it being so simple that it didn't seem to merit writing down.

CAL just connects to the server and downloads the programs and sets registry, for the device as it is configured in the database. If there are any functions that need to be performed locally (ie SIM scripts or batch files) they can be dropped into the \etc or location in the CAL directory and they download automatically to that device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back