Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICROS 3700 RES 4.3: WS5 Constantly Reloading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 22, 2008
US
Hello,

We have a WS5 in one of our locations that worked peachy keen up until Thursday of last week. Now, every time a check is begun the whole system reloads itself, which means a good minute or two before the terminal can be used. I've tried rebooting workstation & server & re-installing the CAL and all that to no avail.

What's in the log every time this happens is:

Wed Oct 22 03:46:10 2008 | masspass01 | OPS | 0 | Told to reload database |
Wed Oct 22 03:46:11 2008 | masspass01 | OPS | 0 | Starting init_local_database |

Any ideas what would cause this?

I saw this issue when i deployed 4.3 last month we deployed 4.3 hf1 and micros and we found an issue with menu items that required condiments and those condiments could be sent to the kds with out the parents. It would make the WS5 crash we informed our vendor and we were provided with a patch. our scenario was the following

WS5 installed
a check was rung up that contained required condiments ie
pancakes and eggs
scramble
bacon

That item eggs type and meat typewould make the program crash in the WS5. We informed our vendor and After a few hours our vendor provided a fix for the issue. Note that it seemed that the issue affected users set up as server not as cashiers. The patch is called 4.3 hf1 Nova Patch D

jimmymcp02 you can Add me to the Messenger..

punkchulo@hotmail.com

Grettings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back