Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 RES 4.0 upgrade backup and upgrade options

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcmedx

IS-IT--Management
May 24, 2002
US
Hello fellas,

I have a new client that has been running Micros 3700 4.0 on a XP machine for years. It has a 80g HDD partitioned into 3 partitions,if HDD fails all will be lost. What I would like to do is upgrade the server to a regular WIN 10 Pro machine and install RES 4.0 on that. Is this possible? What steps would I need to take in getting all this setup properly?

I also recommended that we CLONE the current HDD for safe keeping in case the old server crashed. We would be able to at least get back up and running on a new XP machine. I would like to get this unit upgraded and also the SW updated to the latest version this is always better than using old non PCI compliant HW and SW..

Keep in mind money is of great concern here.

Thanks in advance for all your help guys!

Thank you Wildbar

Can you post links to the SW and DOCS?

you cant upgrade a 4.0 database to 5.x you must first apply a script using database manager the script is called precovertres4xto50.mcs I would not recommend doing this on a live database without practicing first.
After the script runs successfully copy the pre-converted database to another computer then run your res 5.0 set up it will ask if you already have a database that you would like to upgrade browse to your pre-converted db and set up will do the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back