Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICROS 3700: Report Or SQL Query To See All *Active* Menu Items In SLU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kniteschaed

Programmer
Dec 8, 2015
US
Specifically lots of retail menu items have been added but, due to whatever reason, items have not been disabled when a decision was made to no longer carry various item(s).
As such - we have tons of items that need to be disabled/removed from multiple SLUs to make it easier for FOH staff.
Rather than going through it one by one - I am hoping I can generate a list of all the active items in our various retail SLUs, print it out, and provide it to retail staff.
Effectively creating a document they can highlight items to say "we don't carry X any more, disable it"

Does anyone know of a report, or a SQL query, that will show me all active menu items in a specific SLU?

Side note: I frequently find we are missing some reports that are referenced in various MICROS manuals...so the SQL query may be the better option if it's available.

It may be a little more complicated if you are on EM, as you'd probably want to filter out items w/ SLUs but no price tier. Something like this should do though:

Code:
select MID.mi_seq,MID.obj_num,MID.name_1,MID.name_2,MSD.name AS 'SLU_name'
from micros.mi_def MID
inner join
    (select mi_slu_seq,
            name
            from micros.mi_slu_def) MSD on MID.mi_slu_seq = MSD.mi_slu_seq
where MID.mi_slu_seq is not null
order by MID.mi_slu_seq asc;
output to "d:\micros\active_MI.tsv" format text escapes on escape character '\' with column names delimited by '	'  quote '';

That should give you every item that has a SLU attached to it, ordered by SLU Name. You can pare out the ones that aren't retail and submit to your team. If you were able to distinguish Retail by major or family group seq, that could also trim down the output file quite a bit to just give the info you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back