Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 recipt issues and customization question

Status
Not open for further replies.

BWDave

MIS
Oct 25, 2016
US
Hello! I am having a few issues with our 3700 recipts and I havent been able to find a solution by searching the forum.

First: The term "Service Chrg" which prints on the customer recipt for our deliveries is very misleading. Its all service charges (which is only our delivery charge) + their tip. Is there a place in the system I can change this wording to "Tips and fees" or soomething else?

second: One our TM-220b we have the device set to 40 characters in micros, but it wraps at 38 for some reason and the customer name cuts off, where this doesnt happen on the 40 colum thermal printer.

Any help would be greatly appriciated!

Thanks

Dave Freeman

recipts_u3fe39.jpg

220 printers only print 32 wide, for your name change, you could use the "guest check detail" section of your RVC/trailers then make a custom sim script to write the detail how you want it, also uncheck print summary totals from the print check tender. example of one I have made for a restaurant (just re name service charge) there may be an easier way some one else may know, like changing opstext but for printing... but I dont know. and this has worked for me before.
Code:
////////////////////////////////////////
event 	Print_Trailer : SubTTL
////////////////////////////////////////

var i:           n3 = 1
var j:           n3 = 2
var alltax:      $6
var total_due:   a32

for i = 1 to 8
        	alltax = alltax + @tax[i]
        endfor

call print_totals(j,"Subtotal",@SI[1]+@SI[2]+@SI[3]+@SI[4]+@SI[5]+@SI[6]+@SI[7]+@SI[8])	
	call print_totals(j,"Surchg",@autosvc)
	call print_totals(j,"Total Food",@SI[1])
	call print_totals(j,"Total Liquor",@SI[2]+@SI[3]+@SI[4])
	call print_totals(j,"Total GiftCard",@SI[5])
	call print_totals(j,"Total Retail/Misc",@SI[6]+@SI[7])
	call print_totals(j,"Total Discounts",@dsc)
	call print_totals(j,"Tax",alltax)
	call print_totals(j,"Total ServiceChg",@svc)
	call print_totals(j,"Total Paid",@prevpay)
	format total_due as "Total Due"{<9}, @dwon,@ttldue{>11},@dwoff
	@trailer[j] = total_due

endevent

The Service Charge text should be in POS Configurator under Revenue Center, RVC Discount/Service, Other Service Charge Name. I'm currently working a project that uses a service charged based tip, and that field does change what shows at the bottom of the receipt for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back