Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 "Start RES" disappearing mouse pointer 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

thuongho37

Technical User
Jul 29, 2014
US
Hello,

When I start the RES program, my mouse pointer disappears when on the program. I can still click around and it registers, but I can't visibly see the mouse pointer. Please help.

Thanks,
T

Open POSCONFIG, "System", "Restaurant", "Options"
Click "Show Cursor in OPS on this device

You can also import this into your registry and it will be on the next time your server boots. We have a scheduled task to do this daily as we keep finding that it disappears at random times.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROS\3700\Ops]
"CursorOn"=dword:0000001

That's weird. What version of 3700 are you running that it loses the mouse pointer? I haven't seen that happen since Res 2.5

We're on 4.11 MR5 on XP SP3. It is a pretty rare issue - think the call numbers probably averaged 1-2 per week from our 300 stores. It was just often enough to be annoying. Since we've been importing the reg key on a regular basis, I don't think anyone has had the issue long enough to log a case with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back