Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 "Error From SQL ->" 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike K.

Technical User
Dec 27, 2016
US
First time posting, long time fixer. Recently received the following two errors after settling a "Check Detail Read Failed" error in the the DBISQL:

Error From SQL ->
This happens whenever anyone tries to log into the POS terminals.

Error! get_closed_check_list
Occurs whenever trying to pull up the list of closed checks on the POS terminal.

Thank you in advance!

*Edit*
My Micros version is 5.4 MR1 and I have done tried a full reset. Will be trying a database backup/validation/restore during closed hours.

The CLSD CHK VIEWER is linked to:
Category SIM / PMS Inquire
Interface 5 CLOSED CHECK VIEWER

Also ran a rebuild today and that didn't help anything. Would a backup/validate be another way to go?

Went back into the DBISQL and looked up the closed checks. The check that I force closed has not been purged yet (it was opened on 8/3/2015). With it being open for over a year, is there a way to force the system to purge that single check? Or will I have to wait until the closed date (12/22/16) reaches the 14 day mark and hope that the system purges it then?

It's hard to tell. I had a feeling it was going to be a sim. That's some kind of custom work or 3rd party add-in. It sounds like the script is trying to read the check detail for the display, but it's either missing or corrupted, (that's why you got the check detail read failure). Getting it to work with this check still in be system will require editing he SIM or SQL code, so you'll probably have to wait for the check to purge on 1/4.

I suggest adding an open check report to the end of day routine. Leaving a check open for over a year can mess with the database maintenance.

First, thank you for your help with this matter. I was holding off on my response until the 14 days were up and the check was fully purged.

I am still receiving the Error From SQL -> upon logging into the POS terminals. When attempting to use the custom SIM, it no longer brings up a list of closed checks, but the Error! get_closed_check_list error isn't present anymore.

Would a database validate/rebuild be worth it now? Or is the corrupt SIM/SQL code outside of the Micros DB backup?

Hello everyone, please I need help on how to track daily expenses with Micros POS 3700. Let me give an example of what I want to accomplish:
If I go to Walmart to buy printing papers for 40 dollars (that's an expense for the business), how do I enter this amount ($40) in the POS system ? How do I generate a report of this type of expense at the end of the day or month ? Thank you for your assistance.

Kind regards.

Ben.

You can try the database rebuild, but I don't know that it will help with this problem. The SIM is a script outside of the database. Since it's interface 5, the script file will be \micros\res\pos\etc\pms5.isl. You probably won't be able to fix it yourself, but if you can open it in notepad, it may give you contact info at the top of the file. I'd copy the file to the desktop and open that. You don't want to accidentally make any changes.

@pmegan - Brilliant! Thank you so much. I pulled the contact information. While this particular issue isn't resolved, hopefully this thread can help someone in the future who runs into problems with SIM/PMS inquiries.

*edit*
And problem solved.

For anyone else who has this error occur: When I was attempting to access the DBISQL, the passwords for all of the standard usernames (custom, support, etc.) were changed. After looking through the code, certain SIM modules (including the one I was having problems with) require a specific username/password combination. When the passwords were reset, the SIM modules were failing to meet those requirements. Edited the .isl files and put in the correct passwords. Voila!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back