Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 printer failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sergio.coniglio

Technical User
Dec 18, 2022
AU
Hi all
have issues with printer from workstation 3700

printers stop printing after few docket (the max is 5)

printer controller control 5 printer --> they all working fine ( all ip printer)
printer has been replaced --> same issues
printer has been changed the print controller --> same issues

check paper and auto cutter all good
light in the back are working fine --> printer can be pinged from internal dns

after few printers workstation give error same as the printer is offline or busy (When it is not)

does anyone have the printing flow?

this is what i understand

1. workstation send a request of printing to the print controller
2. print controller received the order and send to the printer
3. printer print the docket and send back an answer?
i think at this point i have issues - before the printer go off, print the correct one, and straightaway a backup printer print (from the back up printer location) and the error message showed up on the workstation. at this stage the only way to make the printer works is the switch off and switch on few times. is any log that i can have a look? i understand about the print controller service, but i couldn't figure out where to check this (if this is the service host)

thanks in advance for your help

I doubt this is what's happening to you, but we use a third party solution that has an ipad app where servers can print special receipts from the app to the IP printers. When the developer of this solution first made it, for some reason, if you tried to print from 3700 and from their ipad app to the same printer, the printer would just stop working. Almost like the pipeline was getting clogged with 2 different types of requests. They ended up pushing some kind of ISL file to the workstations to fix this issue and changing their app. Maybe this applies to you?

Otherwise, I'd try to delete the printer record from the database or even try to make a new one. Might even be a networking issue like a duplicate ip?

i found a solution on a web

i was checking the time of the red light flashings - it was an autocuing issues

i figure out that it was a 3 sheet roll issue - that setting allow the printer to use 2 sheets only

on the other printer i have to give a new ip adress, and it all woked now

thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back