Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 Paid-ins/outs Not Printing Chits 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 9, 2009
US
All of the sudden the chits stopped printing on our bar terminal & printer when we do paid-ins and paid-outs. Any suggestions?

POSConfigurator - Sales - Tender/Media

Find your paid in/out's, verify print validation is checked

Thanks Mike. I'm familiar with that area and had already fished around in there. Yes, PRINT VALIDATION was checked for both paid-ins and paid-outs. Just to see if I could jog something I unchecked those boxes for both, shut down and restarted my system, then rechecked them and rebooted. Ran a test in the bar and in the restaurant. Still not working. Paid-ins and paid-outs do not print on any terminal, bar or restaurant, or on any printer. Seems not to be a hardware issue, but something in the software that has gone haywire. Other chits print, for example clock-in verifications.

Any other suggestions?

I believe Micros POS assigns each ptr device type by POS unit. (IE: guest check ptr, validation ptr etc.) If the ptr device # has been removed from the validation ptr field you may get the condition you have. Find that area where the ptr devices are defined by POS unit and input the ptr #.

TobeThor is on the right path

POS Configurator -- Devices -- User Workstations -- Printers tab

Hi,

Then go to the WORKSTATIONS tab and go to the PRINTERS TAB, there select what the VALIDATION printer is to be. Like Mike says :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back