Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 OpsDisplayUser.cfg Programming Documentation 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobbler9

Technical User
Nov 22, 2013
US
Does anyone know of, or better yet have, any documentation on how to program custom touchscreen templates for MICROS 3700? We will be installing our first 1920x1080 terminals soon and I was hoping to find or program some custom templates to make better use of the increased resolution over our WS5's.

I have heard of an app that someone from Atlanta Micros wrote a few years ago that added some 1920x1080 templates to the mix and through searching I have seen some references to an OLD supporting document from MICROS called Editing the OPS Display User Configuration File (MD0003-064, April 2006) but have not been able to find either resource.

Ideally, the documentation and a starting point CFG file with some 1920x1080 templates that we could then modify would be greatly appreciated but anything available would really help. We are hoping to work up a template that includes a check detail area and a couple different touchscreen areas to really speed up our ordering process and increase accuracy.

Thanks for any help available!!

Cobbler. I was looking for the same info but never could find it. I do have the app though it struggles with 1920x1080. I ended up making some of my own screens. Could share if you want. A lot more landscape to work with, although there are limitations to what you can do with the screens. You cant span slu screens over the whole 1920 Only about 1550 So i built the check display on the right. They also need some minor touching up...just have not had time. Let me know if interested. Will attach a screen shot of one the screens.

Hey WildBar!

Mind sharing that app?

I have a custom OPS that MICROS created for my restaurant like 8 years ago, and I'm not able to edit it.

Thansk a lot!

fredsk25@hotmail.com

Just curious, is that an official MICROS OPS editor?

Thanks a lot as usual WildBar! =)

Its not "Official" but was made by one of the Micros divisions back in the day. Its the one you are referencing i think. It struggles with 1920x1080 I find but should get you close and then manually clean everything up. Just be aware you cant span slu screens across the right side of the screen (or at least I never could) :) I spent a week trying to overcome that and never could. If you do let me know.

I'll be playing around with it and let you know how it goes =D

Thanks a lot WildBar! You rock!

I'd be curious to look at this utility if you don't mind. After having to manually rework some templates, I had considered writing my own. tylor@dungeonsanddecimals.com

Here are pics of the screens. Tried attaching earlier but did not seem to work.
Touchscreen_2_ylszxn.jpg
Touchscreen_3_se3jvw.jpg

Hello, long ago I was looking for an editor. could you share it to mail?

my email is d_josedavid@hotmail.com

Wildbar, that would be great!!

It would be very helpful to play with the app however limited it may be. I have two other sites on WS5's and even a WS4LX site that could definitely benefit from it even if the high res part of it may not work for our new WS6 site.

The screens you created would be much appreciated as well. The screen shots you posted, especially with the detail screen, look very much like what we are trying to accomplish. I remember reading another post you had about the SLU spanning issue and your solution. That's a great tip!

If I'm able to create anything useful myself I'd be happy to share. May take me a bit to get to that point though.

My email is
msori9@champssportsbar.com

THANK YOU!!

Will send the links tonight and post up some generic opsdsiplay files tomorrow. Another thing to note as the screen shots i posted are from OPS on the server and server OPS cant display 1920x1080 either. Makes it hard to work with. Believe that is hard coded somewhere and could never find a fix for it and Oracle would not touch it. The display on the server especially has issues with fonts and size as you can see. Everything is tidier on a native 1920x1020 like a workstation 6. Working remote so the server screen shots were the best i could do for now.

I sent the app too, I can't say I've ever had an issue with 1920x1080 with the app, we're talking about UpdateOpsDisplayV2 yeah?

I have not seen the V2 that you are working with, just UpdateOpsDisplay. I know you said you sent the app too but I did not see anything come across my email? Would you be able to (re)send V2?

msori9@champssportsbar.com

Much appreciated!!

colinmcleod,
Thank you for the file. It hashes the exact same as the file without the V2 so it appears there is only one version. I figured I would post that information back here to avoid confusion if others were looking for the same.

Modify the resolution of all my screens. check and is effective on the change But OPS still has the Previous resolution.

Modify the resolution of the POS Configurator but not functional.

Any other fields that I need to modify to apply the resolution?

I think that to have the OPS in full screen you must modify or create a registry in the registry editor of windows.

Who can guide me regarding this?

@collinmcleod mind sending me the app and possibly the OpsDisplayUser.Cfg file?

Thank you
jrmorel@gmail.com

Thanks for sharing @collinmcleod. @wildbar would you mind sharing the templates for the screens you screenshot above? the check view screen is exactly what i am looking for. I have tried editing a few screens in the editor but still having some issues getting it quite right. Thanks

jrmorel@gmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back