Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

micros 3700 ops software license grace period will expire

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunnyimnew

Technical User
Oct 31, 2019
CA
HI everyone

i have a micros 3700 and this box came up saying grace period will expire nov 7. we no longer have a account with micros and are expected to change systems as our franchiser is having issues with oracle. does this mean my system will not work after nov 7th? i read that you can put it into demo mode, will that be ok for the business to operate?

hi there,
my question is the second i stop dealing with oracle does that mean i no longer have a license? I am just trying to get by until my aloha system is set up (up to 8 weeks) i do have a usb key,

if you have a license and usb key it should be working. Unless your not using the key and your on a franchise license and its been discontinued. You will not be able to operate correctly in Demo mode. In license manager does it see your key? What version are you on? Have you rebooted or made sure that the the dsm service has restarted and is running?

hi there, yes it says key present, i am running v5.0, dsm service was not working. I reset the usb and everything looks good! thanks for your help!

so the problem did not fix, the message now came back but the date changed to nov 10th (7 days from when reset) is this something that will constantly happen?

Check again your dsm is working and not crashing. Does license manager still see the key?

hi sorry yes it sees the key everytime, dsm is not working

set the dsm service to restart on a crash.
Look in the 3700 log and see why DSM crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back