Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICROS 3700 MODEM WORKING INTERNET IS NOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

djpete

Technical User
Aug 19, 2009
US
I am a small busines owner and I purchased a MICROS system as a part of restaurant sale. I was able to get the New banking routing numbers in pretty easily. And the modem is working to call in the visa verification.

However, I understand from the previous owner that DSL actually used for the VISA setup. Did I missed something? It seems pretty straight forward to setup. Is there a cheatsheet for analyzing this problem. I am fairly certain that the transactions are being routed, nor are they correctly configured on CA/EDC drivers page.

Help?

Regards,

Daniel

I don't quite understand the problem. Are you're credit card transactions working through the modem and you want them to go through a DSL connection?

Also, which Micros product are you using?

The credit card transactions are working thru an old dial up modem. I have DSL. I was told that prior to my taking over that the transactions would go over DSL. I have a lot of computer experience and the settings on the CA/ EDC screens look straight forward... But ALAS all I can get it to do... is use the dial up modem. Not my DSL. I have a server with 3 stations throughout my small restaraunt.

I am running Mircos RES 3000 version 3.2

You should give MerchantLink support a call, 301-562-5001. The DSL connection parameters are in the Configurator, Devices tab, CA/EDC Drivers button, but if they didn't set you up for high speed access changing the parameters won't help. The connection URL is also depends on what driver you're using, Transaction Vault or VisaNet Universal.

This is actually quite easy to fix. One thing first though when you try to authorize a credit card it should say "Dailing backup." If so then you need to first go to your IP settings and fill out your DNS server information. That's usually all it takes. Sometimes I've had to change my server IP. example 192.168.1.100 to 192.168.100.100 to match my router. Then run Config CAL on all the Workstations and change their IP's and select the database server. 100% sucess rate so far.

If you don't know your DNS server information try going to another computer on the system and clicking on the network connections- status- then it should be there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back