Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700: Limit number of times modifier is sold

Status
Not open for further replies.

bufftrek

Technical User
May 13, 2014
US
Is there a way I can limit the number of times a specific modifier is selected?
I understand that that the collective number of modifiers can have a min and max range but I was hoping I was missing something for individual buttons.

An example is Liquor modifiers. I would like to limit the number of time a Double modifier is selected (without putting it in it's own modifier group) while still displaying ALL liquor modifiers available. I have staff that will ring in 1 shot of Jager and then hit Double 2 times to account for usage but give their buddies a break in revenue (and hurt the house, in turn).

What effect does hitting Double have now? It sounds like it is a zero priced modifier? Wouldn't a Double button typically have a price associated with it like a Tall button?
Drink $6
Hit Double ($2) twice and it adds $4 to the drink price

It adds $2 per ring.
They are ringing Jager ($5), Double, Double, Double (just and example).

This creates a drink that is $11 dollars and accounts for 6oz of liquor (1.5oz pours).
If rang properly it would be two individual Jager Doubles resulting in a total revenue of $14.
Worse yet, they could simply be doing this for 4 individual shots, which would be $20 and pocketing the remainder.
I doubt the latter is the case and would be harder to identify but if I could effectively put an end to the former it would be better than nothing.

Change the "double" drinks to a menu level. Cleaner in my opinion.

That is definitely a solid option. In the end, this will have to be done for 6 locations which entails that all of those prices will have to be changed after adding that price level option in and thus quite a bit of work.

While I will definitely keep that in mind as the most likely candidate, are there any other options available that might be a bit more simple?

If you see the current situation as a liability that could (is) costing you money then you have answered your own question. The programming should not take long. Anytime you can use programming to take the option of employee exploit out of the equation its a win...imo.

Programming the prices WILL take a long time considering it will be every Liquor and cocktail available in the POS while also managing there are no potential issue that could arise with the standing price levels already in place. I understand the inherent value in locking this down - that's not what I inquired about. I'm simply trying to determine if there are any other viable options as there are a number of users here with a wealth of knowledge that easily surpasses my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back