Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICROS 3700 KEY NOT PRESENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Westonh

IS-IT--Management
Nov 7, 2009
US
I reformatted my computer and resinstalled micros 3700 all the way up to SP4 RES3.2 build 63.1077. I typed in all my activation codes under the license manager but i'm unable to type in the serial key at the top. I have the key but I don't know where to type it in. It says key is not present and I'm stuck there.

The serial number can't be entered manually, it come from the software key.It sounds like your system isn't recognizing the key. Your best bet is to shut down the server and re-seat the key. If it's the USB version, try putting it in a different port.

I don't know where the key was stored. I still have the old system. So i can find it on that if I knew where it was. It isn't on a flash drive.

If you're using Res 3.2 the system may have one of the old style keys. It will be connected to the parallel port on the back of the old server. They looked kind of like an old school null modem connector, about 1" x 2" x 1/2" with a 25 pin D connection on each side.

Most newer servers don't come with a parallel port so if you have this kind of key you may have to put a port into your PC.

If you can't find the physical key you won't be able to get the system licensed.

One thing I feel I should mention is that Res 3.2 sp6 isn't PCI compliant. If you're going to be running credit cards through Micros you may want to think about upgrading to at least sp7 and going with the transaction vault credit card drivers. I think that's still in Visa's acceptable versions list.

Thank u so much. I always thought they used that to upload stuff with. We are actually going to sp7 for that reason.

Okay I installed the key on the new tower and figures it still says "key not present" grace period has ended. I had to install a PCI card to have a parellel port. I made sure it was LPT1. I plugged in the key and I got nothing. Would it matter if I didn't have the key in while installing MICROS?

Hey. The key for RES3.2 will be a parallel key (unless it has been replaced with a USB type key). There also seems to be some confusion with PCI COMPLIANCE. PCI in credit card processing means "Payment Card Issuer", and PCI in system architecture is Peripheral Component Interconnect. In architecture, PCI and USB are both Serial technologies.

When plugging the licence key in, there is a Rainbow service that picks it up and reads the token's number. Then based on this code, the Micros modules and clients need to be entered in Licmanager. The path should be like:

c:\program files\Rainbow Technologies\Sentinel System Driver\

There is an exe SetupSysDriver.exe , but generally this is executed and ran during the service pack installations.

The licence key does not have to be in place during installation or setup.

On another note, if processing credit card numbers through Micros, PCI compliance for all RES3000 ceases June/July 2010 as the Windows 2000 platform will no longer be compliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back