Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 KDS Problems 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradcobb

Technical User
Oct 29, 2017
US
Greetings!

I recently switched internet services. After being unable to run reports from the office computer, I realized the POS was not connected to the internet. Thinking this was the problem, I changed the POS from a static IP so it would find one on its own. This worked - I now had internet access!

But now my orders aren't showing up on my KDS screen. And I still can't run any reports from the office computer. I'm afraid I screwed the pooch here - I didn't even take note of the static IP before I made the change, so I have no idea where to go from here. The Control Panel is telling me that everything is IDLE. Even though it allows me to reboot the KDS from the POS, I'm still not able to get orders to show up on the bump screen.

For the record, the error message I'm getting on the office computer is:

"The database has not been started. Please verify that the database is running, then launch the application again."

Any help is much, MUCH appreciated.

Yeah, Micros has to have a static IP address. So there are a few different ways you might have been setup, but it sounds like you had a single network card on your PC, and it had a static IP address that your previous ISP's modem was configured for.

Now that you've put it into DHCP, none of the Micros stuff (including reports, which are actually run through IIS) will work. This also means you probably aren't taking payment since the credit cards have to go through the server to authorize, unless you happen to be using external pin pads.

You can look at what the IP address used to be by opening up micros controls panel (if you want to launch from Run, its cpanel) and clicking on the server on the list. It will show what the IP address is expected to be. Nine times out of ten, its going to be something like 192.168.100.0/24 - this appears to be the IP scheme Micros agreed on way back when.

It sounds like you have the Micros PC plugged directly into your ISP's modem, which is why this happened. I would recommend getting a firewall device, or even just a basic router from somewhere like BestBuy, and set up your network on that. Then you can have that device pull DHCP from the ISP, so that something like this doesn't happen again.

You're going to have to either set the computer back to what Micros was configured with and then change your modem's configuration to match, or you're going to have to reconfigure all of your Micros hardware, which is quite time consuming.

Thank you for your response!

I've actually ordered a new system (a Clover), and should be receiving it within the next couple months. Until then, I really need to be able to run reports, and I'd love to be able to use the bump screen instead of printed tickets

Under Control Panel, the IP address listed for M51547 is 192.168.1.250 - I should assign that same address to the POS?

What in the modem's configuration do I need to change?

Curious - you are going from Micros POS w/kitchen video to Clover POS, what did you find attractive about the Clover POS? Does Clover have kitchen video? Do you have a restaurant with a Bar?

I own a franchise, and we're all moving to Clover.

We're quick-serve, so what I have is a register and a bump screen. Clover does support that same format.

The issue has been resolved.

Thank you again, Moregelen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back