Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 KDS only one working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Sullivan

IS-IT--Management
Jan 29, 2020
US
Hello,

I am brand new to this forum and the Micros 3700 world.

I have 7 KDS Display Controllers all configured identically expect the IP address. We have 7 licenses confirmed in the license manager. No matter what I do I can not get KDS 2-7 working. They all find the server on boot up, I select their defintion, they reboot, the menu bar identifies them by their name and they show as connected in control panel. BUT If I sent an order, only one works. I direct the print class to the correct device. The network nodes, devices, order devices are all identical except the IP in nodes. The print class is configured.

I can send any item to the first KDS, no others work.

Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance

Tim

Could be a number of things. Are they set as order devices? And assigned to items and workstations? Also check Managers proedures, printers and ensure they are not disabled. Do they show the kds screen? And does it show connected? (Firewall)

Thank you so much for the fast reply.
What I know:
- All the KDS devices are set as order devices.
- They all show connected and the IPs in the control panel match the IPs assigned in the nodes.
- All are setup in print class.
- IN the managers procedures none are disabled and they are all redirected to themselves.

If I send an item to KDS 1 it works. Send the same Item to KDS 2, nothing. If I sent an item to KDS 2 and tell it to print to 1 & 2 it shows on 1 but not 2. I have taken the KDS all down. Reconfigured one to now be KDS 1 and it works. So I don't think I have a hardware problem.

I have 7 licenses. All show with check marks. They all show up arrow.

I have looked at each screen in "table mode" and all the devices have all the same options selected (different IP's in Nodes screen).

Frustrating...

Follow Up. The only other difference in the configuration is the license number.

Have you restarted the KDS controller on the server after making changes?
Is this a new setup or existing?
Has it worked correctly before?

Can you post a screen shot of a non-working display?

Updated the host file
Restarted the KDS service
Rebooted the server
All many times in the last week.

This was a working system and the operator ceased operations and we inherited the system. A 3rd party cleared out the previous data before we had access. I built the KDS config from scratch. So technically it has never worked other than the one display.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=c645a43b-fc89-4799-9d72-9b62bbb28aea&file=0129201404_resized.jpg
Programming needs to be linked in a lot of spots
Devices
Order Devices
Workstations
Order Types
Print Class
And more i think off the top of my head.
Easier to look at it....

All the KDS's did work on 12/31 before the data was removed

AH HA.....

The user workstations were not configured to allow printing to any KDS other than 1

THANK YOU for your help....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back