Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 Error: The client configuration record could not be found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdzavalanche

Programmer
Jun 23, 2011
US
thread693-1613496

Hi guys,

I'm experiencing the same problem as described in this closed thread. Would any of you be so kind as to explain how you resolved this?

Best wishes,
Jonathan

Here's a detailed dump of the request I send, and the SOAP Server Fault response I receive:

Using WSDL:

Request Headers:
POST /ResPosApiWeb/ResPosApiWeb.asmx HTTP/1.1
Host: 10.1.3.184
Connection: Keep-Alive
User-Agent: PHP-SOAP/5.3.5
Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8
SOAPAction: "Content-Length: 433

Request:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV=" xmlns:ns1=" xmlns:xsi=" xmlns:ns2="urn: <SOAP-ENV:Body>
<ns1:GetOpenChecks xsi:type="ns2:GetOpenChecks">
<ns1:employeeObjectNum>0</ns1:employeeObjectNum>
</ns1:GetOpenChecks>
</SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

Response Headers:
HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error.
Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.1
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 05:56:07 GMT
X-Powered-By: ASP.NET
X-AspNet-Version: 1.1.4322
Cache-Control: private
Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8
Content-Length: 595

Response:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap=" xmlns:xsi=" xmlns:xsd=" <soap:Body>
<soap:Fault>
<faultcode>soap:Server</faultcode>
<faultstring>Server was unable to process request. --&gt; The type initializer for &amp;quot;ResPosApiWeb.ResPosApiWebService&amp;quot; threw an exception. --&gt; The API client configuration record could not be found.</faultstring>
<detail />
</soap:Fault>
</soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>

The result is this no?
The API client configuration record could not be found

What have you configured in the device table and workstations?

Hi DrZogg,

Thank you for your help. Yes, I have, but apparently not correctly.

As described in the previous thread, I created a new API Employee Class and tied an API Employee to that class, but I suspect this may be where the problem lay: I see no way of tying that employee or employee class to the workstation/device that I created? On the other hand, this may have nothing to do with my problem.

I sincerely appreciate your help. Would it be valuable for me to attach screenshots of my current configuration?

Best wishes,
Jonathan

Here are screenshots of my configuration. I'm sure it's just a simple configuration error on my part. Also, I have reloaded the database after making configuration changes.

If it would be helpful for me to send you a Remote Assistance request so that you can poke around, you may do that. If so, please PM me your email.

Thanks again for your help.

Sincerely,
Jonathan

Any ideas from anybody? I've been stuck with this problem for weeks; I'm unable to make progress until I figure it out. Very frustrating. :( If it helps, I'm willing to do a remote assistance session with anybody, or use an anonymous screen sharing service.

Many thanks.

Jonathan

your issue is likely that you don't have 100 licenses authorized. Do you?

The workstation license number has to match an activated client in License Manager.

I believe your device type should be API client and not API WebService

I just wanted to check in with you guys to see how you resolved this issue. We're doing an integration project for one of our clients and we cannot work around this error.

The API client configuration record could not be found. Any support you can provide us on this challenge would be great!

Thank you,

When setting up the Employee Class, do you have the POS API Employee option selected under the Transactions/Transaction Control tab?

Sincerely apologize for my delayed response here... It looks like after everything, our configurations were good. All we needed to do was simply reboot the server. A simple unload of the db was not enough.

Thank you sincerely for your quick response.

All the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back