Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 Employee Social Security Number validation 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

azrobert

Programmer
Apr 27, 2002
US
Hello,
It's been a while since I posted a question but hopefully someone will have run into this before.
when adding a new employee the social security number is verified as valid or not,
the IRS has added new ss num patterns that are not being recognized as valid.
is there a table that I can add the new prefixes to ?
Micros has said that it can not be changed without an upgrade and we are not
ready to upgrade yet....

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance !

I run into this issue periodically in my environment. My work around has been to enter the employee with a bogus SSN that will validate and then change the SSN to the correct value via database query. It appears that Micros only validates the SSN when saving through the interface.

Find it hard to believe they would burry it in the code and not have a table of ss prefixes that are valid.....
I have looked and looked and can not find it though...........

I can believe it. It was probably written year ago with the assumption that SSN patterns would never change. Micros programmers aren't always the most forward thinking bunch.

If you are using LM (maybe even if you aren't actively using it) you can go into "PM Parameters" and turn off SSN validation rules. It's just simple prefix validation anyway so it only serves to cause this sort of problem, it's not like it really validates a SSN.

GAChickenMan is correct though, it's not configurable beyond turning it off or on at the moment.

Thanks,
Ill have to give that a try when I get near one of the stores
after the holidays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back