Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 discount tracked as OTHER SVC CHGS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqueline0001

Instructor
Jan 13, 2018
US
Hello,

I have recently noticed that the discounts are being tracked as "OTHER SVG CHGS"
Is there a way to remove that feature?

Thank you,
Jackie

Where is 'Other svc chgs'?

Micros reports are customizable and may be pulling the discount into anything.

I am assuming SVC is service charge.
We use the report "Daily System Sales Detail"
It has 3 columns on the bottom: the first one is revenue, second one is diff types of charged payments and third column is discounts and cash taken in.
We only give discounts to employees. The total discount in the third column is transferring over to the first and taking away from tips, as tips are a svc charge.
Does this help make my problem more understandable :)

daily_system_ge3bgj.png

Ok, that helps.

The name 'Other SVC Charge' in that section is a tracking group (most likely). If not, we may be in trouble.

Go the POSconfig>System>Tracking Groups
Can you find a line item in the list called 'Other SVC Charge'? If so, is it linked to a specific SVC charge or a group? Send a screen shot if needed. My money is on a group.

Once we know what this line is reporting, we can remove discounts from it. If it is a group, then there are some/all/most discount assigned to that group#. Go to each discount and remove that group# from the discount. There is a field to put the group# (not sure the name). Make sure that the discount is tracked somewhere, go back to tracking groups and verify the discount is either in another group# or linked directly to a tracking line. Otherwise, the total discounts in the middle 3 columns will not match the top boxes (the top boxes are always right, the middle is changeable).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back