Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 Discount One Menu Item

Status
Not open for further replies.

JFisch78

Technical User
Mar 17, 2017
US
I'm trying to create a discount that applies to only one menu item. My goal is for servers to be able to comp their own birthday/anniversary desserts, and comp only that one item, without manager authorization. These are the current settings for the discount:

General Tab - Type: Manual, Tax Class: 1 add-on food, SLU 1 discount, Print Class: 7 disc, src chg, tenders, Menu Level Class: 1 All Levels, Privilege 0, NLU 3797 (the NLU of the item), Percent: 100

Options Tab - Preset, Reference required

Discount Tab - Item Discount, Report as Subtotal Discount

Itemizers Tab - Food

Exclusivity Tab - None

Rule Setup - None

The menu item is set to allow discounts, but with these settings, I get the error "No Sales to Discount." If I check the Touch item box, or de-select Item Discount, the discount is applied to all food on the check. Is it possible for a discount to apply to only one specific menu item?

Yes but you will need to setup a rule for it. The trigger will be the item and the discount will be the item

Hi @JFisch78,

Do let me know if you are still struggling with this issue, I have configured such Discounts that apply to only 1 particular menu item.

If required, PM me. will send you the steps.

Regards,
Caje.

I am having a similar problem. When we apply the 'App Card' discount, it will take off all apps on the ticket. Is there a way to limit it to just 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back