Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 :: Credit card firstname and lastname

Status
Not open for further replies.

as1729

Technical User
May 12, 2015
US
Where in the Micros database can I find the first and last name of credit cards?

If you are Masking Cardholder Name (POS Configurator > Sales > Tender / Media) you won't be able to find it.

You can't. Micros doesn't save any card data, or allow it to be intercepted through SIM, due to PCI restrictions.

I did a bit of research on this and found that there is a table called cc_auth_dtl has a customer_name column. I believe this is what I am looking for. Let me know if this is incorrect. Thanks!

That's a legacy table. I don't think it populates anymore.

I know that depending on the credit card driver you are using you can disable masking but I am not 100% sure if the data is recorded in those tables as pmegan mentioned. If you are using TV you can't disable masking, but I am pretty sure that if you are using Heartland you can disable masking.

as1729 said:
Where in the Micros database can I find the first and last name of credit cards?

I'm not familiar enough with the tables to answer that particular question - however we get that information through our payment processor.

I started looking for EMV solutions for our 3700 system last fall. That path caused me to stumble onto Upserve (which was called Swipely at the time).
No EMV solution as of yet but we went ahead and switched our payment processor to Upserve about 3 months ago.
They provide tons of data including card transactions (first name and last name).

May not be the solution for you, especially if you still have a long contract with your current payment processor (watch out for ETF fees)...
Or if you are trying to find a card that was recently swiped/swiped in the past...
But I'd recommend taking a look around - there are a few options out there that provide the same kind of services and data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back