Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 connection string

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmegan

Programmer
Aug 29, 2005
US
Hi,

Does anyone know how to connect to a Micros 3700 database remotely through .Net? I can connect locally with either an OleDB or ODBC connection, but can't seem to get the connection string right to get into the other systems on our network.

I have a couple of exports that are required on demand. The queries are already working and I have a program that will run the query, do the post processing and transfer the results back to me, but it still requires me to dial into each of our 22 sites and run it. I'd like to be able to run it from my test server and connect to each of the stores. It seems like it should just be a matter of getting the right connection string but I just can't get it to work.

Our Micros systems are all between Res 4.6 and 4.9, and I have 4.9 loaded on my test system so the drivers are all there.

Thanks

If you already have the DSN set up make sure you are hitting port 2638

On network tab of DSN - HOST=<name or ip of MICROS>:2638

Do you have your Micros Res Transactiional Services loaded at the sites and on your lab. If not you probably need to purchase this and get Micros to load it.

Thanks guys, I got an OldDB connection going yesterday. The port number is what I was missing on the ODBC connection so it's still good to know for the multitude of one-off situations that come my way.

Here's the connection string I'm using:
"Provider=ASAProv.90;EngineName=sqlCOMPUTERNAME;UID=custom;PWD=custom;Links=TCPIP(Host=IP ADDRESS);"

This actually works out better than my original ODBC plan; I can save the server names and IPs in an xml file instead of required a DSN for each store. At runtime they're loaded into a dictionary and from there it's easy to loop through them and run the same query on each connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back