Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 .connect / mymicros issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

okbrent

MIS
Feb 20, 2007
US
Hello,

I have a problem with two of my Micros 3700 locations failing to transmit any information to myMicros.net. They are Windows 2k boxes running v3.2. Both stores stopped communicating at the same time on the same day. Both machines can connect to the internet and have had no other connection issues, i.e. Credit cards still process and they connect to the EM server nightly with no issue. The logs for one machine show repeated msi failures while the other shows NetBIOS failures. The RTA logs are normal and seem to be processing but no info is transmitted. I reinitialized msi and disable NetBIOS just incase there was a duplicate name issue. The local Micros vender that sold the machines has reinstalled .connect and they are at a loss as to what it could be. Has anyone else had an issue like this?

Sorry I can't help, but was wondering what is the cost of myMicros? Thanks,

Make sure you have the right ports open out to the internet, just getting to the internet is no enough. Did you change your firewall or service pack your servers on the same day? Automatic windows updates? There's a port that the mymicros support will give you to verify that the port is truly open.

Hope this helps.

FoodtoGo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back