Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICROS 3700 Condiment Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

p_t_l

Technical User
Aug 9, 2019
US
Hi everyone,

I have a few questions related to one menu item that I'm trying to create. I'd like to have an item with multiple condiments that can be quantified without it's attached condiments needing to be. Also, I'd like the seating option to be last. Right now, this is what I have:

3 Eggs
3 OE
3 Rye
3 seat 1
3 w/potatoes

and I'd like

3 Eggs
OE
Rye
w/potatoes
seat 1

Is this possible?
Thanks!

In your first example what is the "3". Three eggs? Or three orders of eggs?
I am sure its doable.
I think what you want is;
Egg order, condiment group style of egg (poached, over easy), condiment group toast (rye, white), condiment group side(potato, fruit salad), condiment group seat (seat 1, seat 2)
Am I following?
Then you need to make a condiment group that steps through each of those condiments when eggs are ordered.

Thanks Wildbar,

In the example the item is "eggs" and 3 of the item are ordered. Ideally, this would translate to the BOH as "crack open 3 eggs and cook them according to the style listed below". I'm trying to avoid having a ticket read

1 3 Eggs
OE
Rye
w/potatoes
seat 1

But I may have to go with that option.

I'm also having trouble getting the "seating" condiment below the "potatoes" condiment. They're seem to be ordered by number in micros and I don't know if I can bypass this without creating a new "seating" condiment at a lower number.

Create a new menu item class for any item you want to behave this way and make sure the checkbox circled in red is NOT checked.

Annotation_2019-08-13_103307_x082bk.png

EDIT:

Here is the help description to give you clarity on exactly what this setting does:

Annotation_2019-08-13_103451_ns84rr.png

If you uncheck that the same min-max rules will apply as if it was a single item entered.

Another edit: Micros has a built in seating mechanism. Don't use a condiment for that. Instead, create seat buttons or have it set to auto increment the seat as its rung in, and train servers to ring it in in order (from experience, creating buttons will work better...)

Annotation_2019-08-13_104001_yuodbh.png

I would suggest creating a seat 0 button for shared items. Then in the order device settings you can actually have it sort by seat (I would suggest if you don't have the two color ribbon printers not having it print the seat number on the actual menu item as it can get confusing seeing 1 1 Egg or 3 1 Egg etc if it isn't color differentiated)

Annotation_2019-08-13_104048_a8mzwt.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back