Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICROS 3700 - Check Detail Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moregelen

Programmer
Sep 10, 2012
US
Anyone happen to already have a crystal report you can run to pull up an itemized receipt for a customer?

We just finished integrating text message, and emailed receipts for a customer, but rather than scraping the journal (ugh), I'd prefer to just have the PMS run a crystal report and then email the resulting PDF; but I'd also prefer not to have to reinvent this report >.>

I don't have one, but if you have to do this from scratch I'd definitely recommend using the trans_archive_dtl table instead of using the transaction tables.

Pmegan, isnt that table only updated when you purge historical totals?

No, that's the table that holds data for transaction analyzer. It consolidates all the transaction details so it's a big, ugly table, but you don't need all the crazy joins required when you use the individual detail tables. Just stick the Post Trans Archive Totals stored procedure into your incremental posting so it stays up to date and also run it each time you generate a report.

Thanks pmegan - good to know. Sorry Moregelen for hijacking your thread... also intrested in emailing reciepts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back