Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 - Changing tracking groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhb333

Technical User
Dec 20, 2012
US
So I made a new tracking group with some modifications and implemented it two days ago. Now the employee balance sheets printed at the workstations are off. When I look up tracking groups in POS config it says that the new tracking group and the old one are both in use. "Tracking groups in use No changes allowed". How do I disable the old one?

That "in use" marker just means that there are totals posted using that tracking group, not that it's currently in use. The old tracking groups will always be flagged as in use.

Are you using the default system report for your employee balances, or a customized 40 column report template? If it's the latter you'll have to edit the template in crystal reports.

Hi,
There is a table into database micros.trk_grp_def you should change from T into F in the column ob_grp_in_use the tracking group that you want to change, then re-enter into section Tracking Groups from POS Configurator.
Good luck!

AlexandrBTS said:
There is a table into database micros.trk_grp_def you should change from T into F in the column ob_grp_in_use the tracking group that you want to change, then re-enter into section Tracking Groups from POS Configurator.

Just a minor warning to be careful with that technique - it is not without its risks. Once totals have posted to a tracking group, they are stored in a specific field, i.e. [tt]trk_ttl_01[/tt]. So if you have Food posting to [tt]trk_ttl_01[/tt], and later decide you want Liquor to post to [tt]trk_ttl_01[/tt], your tracking totals are going to be incorrect.

This technique is really only useful for minor adjustments to the tracking group:
- Fixing spelling errors or renaming a field
- Add a new tracking item to an unused slot

That said, when you need to do something minor with your tracking groups, temporarily resetting [tt]ob_grp_in_use[/tt] is a great timesaver and keeps the list a little bit cleaner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back