Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700. Can't Shutdown OPS???

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockHouse

Technical User
Apr 26, 2013
Micros 3700

In Micros Control Panel, PCWS01 POS OPERATIONS is stuck with Yellow Circle, and the word "STOPPING"

Why isn't it shutting down all the way ?

Thanks

There isn't any way to answer your question without more information. Is it reproducible? Is it just happening currently? Has it ever happened before?

Reviewing the log may give you more info. (Micros Applications --> Utilities --> POS -->3700d log)

You can also use the Debug Log Viewer to view log entries in real-time as they are logged.
Micros Applications --> Utilities --> POS -->3700d log Viewer
Start that up, then do whatever it is you need to do to reproduce the behavior and see if anything interesting scrolls by.

Another tip: In the Micros Control Panel, flip to the "Logging" tab and insert a Log Marker Comment like "SHUTTING DOWN OPS", then take some action. You'll be able to easily find the right area in the 3700d.log by searching for your log marker.

It's currently locked in "stopping" mode, even if I restart the server. All my touchscreens are unplugged. The log file only goes back until today (because I purged database/cleared totals perhaps)

Even though it says "stopping" I can still use the ops on the server machine...

????

What happens when you boot PCWS01? Does OPS come up?

Did you do anything like rename PCWS01, or change its IP address?
Do you have additional entries in the control panel for workstations that don't exist anymore?

You may (or may not) be able to use the command line client control tool to force a shutdown or resync, since the Control Panel won't let you do anything:

Code:
# Shutdown everything
C:\> clcontrol /SYSTEM IDLE

# Send a signal to PCWS01 to turn OPS off
C:\> clcontrol /NODE PCWS01 /PROCESS OPS OFF

# Check OPS status on PCWS01
C:\> clcontrol /NODE PCWS01 /PROCESS OPS STATUS

Got it figured out...

I have a total of 5 workstations and 1 server of course.. ( I was mistakinly thinking that PCWS01 was part of the server. It's IP is even .1 and server is .100...

PCWS01 was actually still plugged in, but was in blank screensaver mode... When I touched the screen it light up and had a windows CE operating system error message.. I shut it down with the start button, and went back to the control panel of my server and everything looks ok.

Thanks for the info, including command line options...

I have a lot to learn and will be asking more questions..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back