Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICROS 3700 calling an Autosequence function from command line

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Lake

IS-IT--Management
Oct 4, 2016
CL
Hi.
I have a custom option or button in autosequence that I would like to call from the command line. Is this posible?

Run this cmd line or put in a batch file. The number corresponds to the object number of the autosequence in POS Configurator.

autoseqexec 120001

We are currently in the testing phase of upgrade from RES 5.2 to 5.5 and have noticed this does not work anymore. For an autosequence that runs a report, if set to preview, the report viewer opens but to a blank page. If set to print, nothing happens. 3700d says the autosequence step completed successfully. Has anyone else seen this behavior?

Command line autosequences seem to have gotten flakey around the time that Micros got serious with security. My guess is that Micros is quietly letting this feature die. There's no user/password switches, so there's no way to validate the privilege level of and autosequence run from a command line unless you're using integrated logon credentials for the back office applications.

Thanks PMegan. Interesting that in this same autoseq (our EOD), we have steps to batch and settle credit cards. That is working just fine. It is only the steps where we either preview or print reports. Example - One of the first steps is to run and display an Open Check Report (they need to have zero to continue). That just pops up the blank report viewer page. Once you close it, the autoseq continues. Was working fine in 5.2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back