Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 Autosequence Server/Remoting Services Crashing Consistently

Status
Not open for further replies.

_choof

MIS
Sep 18, 2019
US
A few of our customers have been seeing frequent issues with generating reports recently, and they all look to have the same problem. During eod procedures, both the autosequence server and remoting services will stop. Every time it does this, it generates a specific pattern of events in event viewer (using the administrative events view): an application error showing that AutoSeqServ.exe has faulted, followed by a system error stating that the autosequence server service has terminated unexpectedly. I thought that setting the services to automatically restart after a failure would help to resolve this, but it seems that when the autosequence service crashes, the remoting service is stopped cleanly, and doesn't actually end up restarting. I'm sure there's a way to automatically restart the remoting service based on the failure of the autosequence service, but I think there should be a better fix for this. 3700d logs don't indicate any failures leading up to the time when the service crashes.

I suspect a windows update is the cause of this, but I haven't been able to confirm this, nor which update would have caused it specifically. Has anyone seen this, and if so, have you been able to resolve this?

What version are you on? There was a huge bug in 5.4 i believe.

I'm only seeing this on one location now, I was able to resolve it on the other server by rerunning the installer for the specific patch they're on, as well as repairing the Micros install.
The location still having issues is on 5.5 MR7, I attempted running the patch installer here as well, this morning around 3 AM server time. It rebooted, I went to bed, it crashed again at 5 AM like clockwork. Looking at the list of fixes in registry, they were on 5.4 MR4 before moving over to 5.5 MR7.
I'm likely just going to pitch an upgrade to them, as they're still on 5.5 and their server is using an HDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back