Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 AutoSeqServ not running

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterfool

MIS
Oct 8, 2003
US
Hello,

I am the go to IT resource for a local resaurant and they have an older Micros 3700 system (4.1H - if I remember correctly). I am running into an issue with the system with getting 'No Connection to Autosequence PC'. In looking into this the AutoSeqServ is not in the Windows services, and if I launch it manually it starts and then closes. I also can't seem to add this as a service, so if someone could peovide an export of the Registry key that would possibly help.

Thanks for the help.
Ed Golden

Ok, I managed to find an older version of AutoSeqServ.exe and getting it running as a service. Looks like the Auto Sequences are running, I'll know more in a couple of hours when I look at the system.

We are still getting 'No Connection to Autosequence PC' when running Server Reports & Flash Reports. Can someone verify the file size (and CRC if possible) of the AutoSeqServ.exe (and related DLL's) for 4.1HF3?

I think the one I have may be still causing the problems with the reports because it is an older version, but I also think the correct version is corrupt, hence the file size/CRC check.

Thanks

Ed Golden

Yes, everything checks out with the DB. We can even run reports from the server side. Auto sequences also look to be running.

Have you verified your hosts and mds hosts files. If there is an IP mapped improperly, this could happen.

Just verified them again. Re-ran the CAL tool on the clients as well just to make sure.

Also in looking at the logs we are getting:

Class is configured to run as a security ID different from caller

on the autosevserv.exe service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back