Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 auto grat problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatMP1082

Technical User
Feb 12, 2012
US
Hi, I recently wrote up a sim file where the suggested gratuity is put on the trailer of all our checks in our restaurant. However, for large parties the tip is added onto the bill automatically by a manager. Is there something I can do to make the suggested gratuities not appear if the manager has already added on a tip to the bill?

You could do a search through the ticket to mark whether the tip service charge has been added or not and then call different @Trailer strings.

e.g.

event print_trailer: Tips

Var nCnt :N9
Var str_tip_exists :N1 = 0

For nCnt = 1 To @NUMDTLT
If @DTL_Has_Charge_Tip[nCnt] = 1 Then
str_tip_exists = 1
Break
EndIf
EndFor

If str_tip_exists = 0 Then
@Trailer[1] = "Your Recommended Tip is $x.xx"
EndIf

endevent

I put this in the SIM that generates the suggested gratuities:

Code:
if @SVC <> 0 then
   [COLOR=#4E9A06]// put your suggested gratuity trailer lines here[/color]
endif

Our manual gratuities aren't set up as charge tips so this works better for us than going with the detail level. It will also print the trailer if the service charge is added and then voided off, and will suppress them for gift card sales and any other kind of non-rev service charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back