Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 and Table Reservations

Status
Not open for further replies.

TobeThor

MIS
Jan 24, 2005
US
What options are available to a client that is using a Micros 3700 RES Ver 4.? POS if they want to add table reservations? Can they keep the RES V4? Must they upgrade to 9700? Do they need to buy other modules for table reservations to work? I'm hoping it's just an additional module w/o a software upgrade.

Table Management Service (TMS) is the module in RES 4.x that does reservations. I have not worked with it so I can't offer a technical opinion or end user experiences. I just know from working with the 3700 software that is the piece that handles it.

It does involve separate the purchase of licensing and possibly a server reinstall to make that component work if it was not installed (even if never licensed) during the original install.

Thanks Michael. This micros site currently uses Open Table but are unhappy with the rates they are paying vs. the # of res's they get. Does the Micros Table Reservations module offer any on-line capabilities for either making the reservation or verifying an existing res that was made by phone? Also does the Table Reservation module interface with Micros's loyalty program (Icare)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back