Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 and EM Totals

Status
Not open for further replies.

okbrent

MIS
Feb 20, 2007
US
Hello,
I'm looking to create some form of historical reporting for our micros locations. We need to have ticket level detail on all transactions for four years or more. I've been told by my micros vender that pulling totals back to the EM server is no longer possible with the introduction of MyMicros.net. I'm hoping to avoid having to build an additional DB to pull totals to. What are do your organizations do for longterm centralized reporting?

Thanks,
Brent

No system on the market will keep 4 years worth of check detail, EM doesn't pull back detail at all, only totals, and MyMicros has a hard limit of 13 months I believe.

If you have to have it, you're going to have to go custom, there are about 3 people in the world qualified to do it and it's going to be expensive...

Mark Tutt
Ramblings of a POS Consultant

I had a feeling that might be the case. Do you know what other organizations are doing for longterm centralized reporting?

For organizations with the need, they're working with consultants to develop their own data warehouses. However it's a never ending commitment, as every new version of the POS requires accomodating the corresponding changes in the data extraction and posting pieces.

Mark Tutt
Ramblings of a POS Consultant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back