Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 and 9700, How many registers are supported

Status
Not open for further replies.

m3r61m

Programmer
Apr 3, 2006
YU
Hi all,

Anyone one know how many registers are support with Micros 3700 and 9700?

Thanks,
- Mike

Wildbar, thanks for reply...

I am almost sure that 3700 series Micros supports a certain number of registers - by register i mean a cash register or a terminal or a revenue center. With other words a client that works micros server. Micros will send menu items, prices etc, to those clients. So how many of those clients are supported in 3700 series? I am guessing 37? ...

Thanks again,
- Mike

3700 can support up to 10 termials or "registers" and 9700 can support almost as many as you want, 100 or even more depending on your operation.

when you say support, does that mean after licensing? We have a 9700 with 8 terminals but wanted to add more; would you have to pay for each addl. workstation?

I'm aware of 9700 installation that has over 500 terminals, 3700 is in the 40+ term range

I did a 32 terminal 3700 v3.0 about 6 years ago with no problems. Res 4.0 is using a newer database engine so I'm sure they're well past that by now.

Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back