Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 ACcess Logs

Status
Not open for further replies.

serendipitytech

IS-IT--Management
May 12, 2011
US
I'm trying to find logs or a report that will detail account access. I'm trying to determine if someone is using a certain account other than their own when accessing the back office system.

Thanks.

I don't know the official answer to your question, but I do know that many of the tables in the micros database have columns labeled 'last_updated_by' which may or may not be filled in. When they are filled in, their number may line up to an emp_seq, which is the primary key of the micros.emp_def table.

I have noticed that on the the Micros system I have access to, these columns are not always updated. They're likely dependent upon the micros settings and/or version. The security settings can be found in the pos configurator, there may even be more elaborate options for future logging.

Also the micros front-end seems to keep relatively meticulous logs of each transaction (can't remember where in the micros dir tree they're stored). I wouldn't be surprised if the back office had logs too, in a way though, I'd also be surprised if they did.

If you look at the 3700d.log it will show you who is signing into the application and when.

The recent 3700 versions also have a Micros Security event log that might help. You'll still have to know who was actually in the office and compare that to who logged in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back