Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 5.7 MR 6 and above with WS6

Status
Not open for further replies.

_choof

MIS
Sep 18, 2019
US
I keep running into an issue with running CAL on WS6s and connecting them to a server running Micros 3700 5.7.6 or higher. It goes through the CAL process properly, but once Appstarter loads, it gets past "Wait for MDS Hosts," stops on "Client Trust Utility" and displays the "Unable to connect to server" error. If I hit retry, it displays the error again. If I hit cancel, it finishes loading Appstarter, then the Micros splash screen shows up with "Witing for MDS Hosts File" in all caps. At this point, OPS is totally frozen and I have to force close the application.

I have no clue what's going wrong here. Oracle's support website has an article that details some basic info on MDS Hosts and makes a reference to an article relating to SSL certificates that were introduced in 5.7.6, but of course, this article has been deleted, and I can't find anything online that describes anything remotely close to what I'm experiencing.

I have tried discovery mode. I have tried turning firewall off on both the workstation and the server, changing network sharing settings on both the workstation and the server. I have tried reinstalling the MDS HTTP Service on both the workstation and server. I have tried deleting the cert folders on both the workstation and server, I have tried rotating the mds certificate in database manager. The error that I seem to get in 3700d is "PinVerifyPeerPubKey: Peer public key cannot be verified in first attempt." Has anyone seen this, and does anyone know how to fix this?

I ran into this error again today, while frantically searching for more info again, I stumbled across this thread: thread693-1810955

I reinstalled the MDS HTTP Service on the workstation after finding that the MDS HTTP Service was not running, and that I could not start it manually. After reinstalling the service on the workstation, I followed the steps in the linked thread and this got the workstation up and running. I will test this out again and confirm for sure that these steps work. This seems to only happen on 5.7.6 and above.

I use the same version in a store and I have the same problem, I have had it since the beginning. In those cases I have to factory format the equipment and reinstall the CAL and it works. I have understood that it is a Bug of that version and it is corrected with the MR7, only that I have not been able to test it since I need to generate a translation for the point of sale if I generate a new version. If it's not a problem for you, I recommend upgrading to MR7 or if you already prefer MR8, which is the latest version but I've read that it has some bugs and that MR7 is better as the final version.

Documentation:

BugDB 32663922
HGBU JIRA/TP: FPR-2736
Issue Title Win32 Client install fails
Description Resolved an issue that caused CAL Client to intermittently fail installing RES on some workstations.(5.7.7)
Module CAL

BugDB 31833804
HGBU JIRA/TP: FPR-2203
Issue Title Database Manager updated for Discovery Mode
Description Database Manager has been updated to allow a duration in minutes when using “Set Discovery Mode”. The maximum time is 60 minutes. Setting the time to 0 will deactivate discovery mode.(5.7.7)
Module Database Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back