Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micros 3700 5.7 Install problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
5.5.0005.3534 (5.5MR2)
Should I not use the Pre-Req?

I have seen this, yes. If you have another machine that still has SQL Anywhere 16 on it, copy the entire folder back onto the machine and run the patch again. Make sure there is nothing running that accesses the DB - so shut down any services or tasks you have running.

I'm assuming you were going 5.5 to 5.7?

Correct, yes. Thank you. I will give it a shot. Would a fresh install be a better idea?

No - just putting SQL Anywhere 16 back in the Program Files (x86) folder (you should find most of the files currently missing) fixed the issue for us.

YOU ARE THE MAN!! Thanks, that worked

Glad that worked for you, but man. These new compliancy settings and the fact that the ISL files have to be in the database sure is making 5.6+ unattractive to us. I patched it and started getting so many errors on our lab about ISL files not being authorized and about missing compliancy.

Edit: Also I need to start reading the entire thread as I had completely missed your second post specifying the version you were coming from.

Interesting. I haven't dealt with the issue yet. How is it a pain in the butt?

LOL. OK I see. does this mean we need to re-write all ISL's?

lol... Like SVC is a foreign .exe .....fun ...

You don't have to rewrite the ISL

It is a big step forward with 5.6+ from horrible 5.5

You put the isl in the res\pos\etc folder (and in the cal)
Now the next step is Import in the poscfg the ISL files with the new entry.

and voila everything is working.
If you update from a older DB it will import the isl directly in the update process and create the entries in the poscfg. if the files are already in place.

The process from ops is the following
Load all ISL in the ETC folder
Check with the ISL in the DB (is it the same) - is something wrong you receive a authorize error or similiar.
the isl will run as normal

If you have some issues i can help also with the isl...Send me a Message.

This is a bit of a pain because the industry has had shitty practices for a while where ISL file are concerned. For example, one of our vendors, we have to manually copy ISL files to certain workstations for their integration because they had no mechanism in the file itself to control where it runs. Also, if you're a large concept, pushing out SIM files just became a bit more complicated because you have to insert them into a the database and into the ISL folder. Not impossible to manage, but definitely a new process. It isn't going to be friction free.

Yes i understand, that is tricky, if you have some isl which has a special configuration for every workstation they have to be rewritten. (from my personal development perspective "wtf" :) )
I think the simplest way is to use an external config file for every workstation.

If you need some help with :) please ask.

In RES 5.5 you have to rewrite some isl because in combination with the new db access passphrase restrictions. The PMS Enhanced Interface was not working and many more.
Now with 5.6+ "at the moment" all our isl include pms interface and special cc interfaces are working and i tested some isl in the last weeks for EU countries without any modification.

Thanks for the offer, but I already ended up re-writing large portions of our vendor's SIM files. Unfortunately I also had to re-write their DLL, which is an annoyance I could have done without given that setting up a CE development environment is anything but easy. I really wish that one of these 3700 patches would include the same functionality that Simphony has to include .NET DLL files.

FYI looks like they released pre-req 5.7.0.1 which should fix the problem. You can use it to install 5.7.0.0.

Also in 5.6 and 5.7 I am facing a problem with magnetic swipe reader. We use Toshiba POS and the MSR is working through OPOS driver. Somehow this doesnt work with 5.6 or 5.7 . But when tried the same settings with Micros workstation 5 the MSR worked. Any thoughts on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back